Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Forms of Prayer


Bend over bend over,
Let me see what bit of Heaven,
Got left behind.
Slide over slide over.
Let me wrap my desire,
Around your warm, crazy feline.
Crawl over crawl over,
And show me the meaning,
Of poetry and rhyme.
Tear this shirt, pull me close,
Let me send zephyrs along,
The shadows of your jawline.
Let's shake the world,
Let's rattle the cages,
Set fire to your fear and pain.
Take my breath away from me,
Push it back in my mouth,
Oh my darling, do it again.
Turn around one more time,
Heaven ain't hard to find.
Turn around one more time.
Let's move the couch to the corner,
And the bed out of the way.
Let's crumple up the curtains,
Find new meanings to words,
Like sublime and intertwine.
My perfect portion of sin,
A fantasy so damn complete.
Take me further than these words
Ever could.  Down into the deep.
Move to me like the champa tree,
Rises to meet the burning breeze.
Fold me into sheets of secret parchment,
Fold me inside and squeeze.
My deliverance, my trial,
My moment of liquid languid ease.
My endless storm, my sinking ship,
The tossing tumult of my seas.
Let me see what piece of Eden,
You happen to be.
Let's create a new religion,
Bite every apple we see.
Let's pray a while together,
Breathe, breathe, breathe.
Let's bring ourselves together,
From our foolish eyes,
To our penitent knees.


6 comments:

  1. wOW!!!I hope this is your 1st and last foolish act!!!!!why are u degrading yourself,are you feeling guilty?? that u hurt yr girl badly by giving her a deal.You very well knew that she is an Egoistic,self respecting girl who would never agree.You Thought that if she got angry then she would take out her anger by abusive language but opposite happen she decided to degraded herself in front of you to let you know that she is not worth the deal.
    I would request u to delete the dirty poems and comments bcoz this a place were people come for poetry & writing..I would have answered in FB but it all started here,so it should end here.Your girl has moved on in`her life and has forgotten everything so we should not follow each other directly or indirectly in each other's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever you are you clearly don't read very well. I would request YOU to sod off. It's not about a girl who's moved on. Kindly refrain from commenting on things you clearly don't have the capacity to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange y someone who doesn't like reading "dirty poems" would come in here and read it in the first place if he/she felt these are "dirty"... Keep writing Arunji till your heart and mind is content... there are hundreds out here who log in just to see what new post u have put to read, enjoy and appreciate, including me :)...

    You write what is in your heart with complete frankness while some others pretend to be someone they r not... keep going Arunji... God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the moral police will grow up one day we hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sensual and stirring without being cheap,this kind of poetry is particularly hard to master.Even Cohen could read this out to his lover.
    Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donne reincarnated? You are beautifully inventive with your metaphors. Always.

    ReplyDelete