Wednesday, January 18, 2012

For The Lovers In You

...
Winds blow like dancers
Across this restless city.
A bat flits by my window,
On his way to a hot date.
All the stars have long 
Since give up 
Their thankless vigil in the sky.
They lie amidst us,
In our carpeted homes,
Like tired siblings
Finally come home.
I see them laid out
Before me,
Fallen fires and dreams
Across the black carpet
Of this tired city.
A lady who's name is Vidya
Called me this morning
To tell me she loved me.
Does she know
Because she's lived
A life full of song.
Her every word comes
Out sounding like a 
Piece of music?
I am one of the blessed.
And so are all of you.
Stop yourself for a moment,
And breathe in the divine
Completeness in you.
Cease struggling to breathe,
In your rivers of doubt.
Make faith your breath,
And dive down into the
Silent abyss.
Serenity awaits you there.
Flow as this wind flows,
Zephyrs of contented motion.
Love like the child loves,
The ground beneath his
Father's feet. 
Love like the sky,
Loves the ground.
Learn joy from blind musicians,
And poetry from the sun.
Sing aloud and often.
Let all fear be undone.
Put on your dancing shoes lady,
Let me strike up the band.
There's music wherever you are,
Come take my large happy hand.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps Thomas Gray would have like to borrow a few lines from here to give an example for his definition. “Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreee with Rohini...Poetry is thoughts that breathe,and words that burn...It's my fault that i m very sweet....know,i m learning to be rude & arrogant,bcoz if u revert back in any situation in a sweet manner people start having all kinds of thoughts..They start thinking what's the CATCH??.It hurted m when someone u adore,respect & love as a friend gets a doubt on u....Then u tell yr friend to keep his hand on his heart & ask a question,Is she reallyyyy that?????He would have got the answer...
    This is what happens!!when yr friend spends a lot of time with B or C category friends forgets geniune caring friends & is very judgemental....

    and you're weeping, but i wont...I have been crying since.....
    but how will you hear it when your shouting louder than you're crying"..I didn't shout...but made my friend burn so he could feel the pain & how it hurts.....

    You're enough for me,
    To take ever moral I clutch....No my friend I m here to keep yr Sanity Intact....I m sorry if it hurt u a lot!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete