Monday, January 2, 2012

By this Lake Too Tired To Sleep


The wind moves across my skin,
By this Lake is too tired to speak.
The fires burns bright for now,
The new year begins its quiet creep.
My darling sleeps alone tonight,
Leaving me a stranger to my sheets.
I am the unquiet heart of her,
Where her prayers and her confusion meet.
The night is no longer a friend to me,
The Moon sighs to watch me stumble.
Mine was a terrible, foolish kind of love,
And it's absence left me wise and humble.
The riddles that we are to each other,
Like books so archaic and obsolete.
The burdens we're too afraid to bear,
The secrets we never managed to keep.
My wisdom sinks into her depths
Like a quiet little stone.
She's in the starlight, she's in the winter,
In every shadow in my secret home.
I loved her, so impatiently,
Now patiently I have to wait
For her to say those words again,
And end her silent debate.
Let's agree that we were foolish,
Let's admit that we were wrong.
We love each other in ways that still,
Pull us together and move us along.
Every night you think of me,
I feel it, dear, even in my sleep.
You are the words I search for.
You are the religion I long to preach.
I'm sorry that I got it backwards,
I never noticed when you got afraid.
I should have told you everyday,
You're every poem I've ever made.
I'm every twitch of your curtains,
Every pirouette in every little breeze.
Read these words I write every night,
Don' t make me live on my knees,
But you don't seem to hear me now,
This shuddering truth I speak.
Why do you make us wander thus?
There are no shelters for us to seek.
There are no answers left above.
There is only love. There is only love.

13 comments:

  1. Believe me, it is almost a sin to limit this sort of a work to 28 people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with u rohini,but,arunoday doenot want to market his blog.E.g.when we search in google for arunoday's blog some south indian guy's blog comes,u start reading then u realise this is not Arun.
    what to do when Arun who is soooooooooooooo talented as a writer wants to waist his talent bcoz he is shy!or doesnot take his writing seriously whatever!
    He should do SEO marketing for his blog beleive m no's will increase like anything..If he completes his book & markets well.I strongly believe his book will create a new record in India & International market as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. people, a little privacy for the man please? Not everyone wants to put their lives out there on FB or to commercialize it with a book or a highly publicized blog. Not everyone wants to be a media whore. A person so talented can easily get the attention he wants any day he decides to, so chill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wars are being fought over these words!!!...proud of you mt mountain- whether you publish or not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I came here for some good poetry and prose, and I find myself in Ram Lila Maidan or even worse in one of those NDTV "discussions" (a.k.a shouting matches)..anyway, for what its worth, a blog is private property and whether someone writes it to monetise it or for the sake of writing is their own prerogative. And you should really ask yourself if you read this blog for the celebrity quotient or because it is a genuinely good piece of writing..if its the former, maybe its better to follow Ashton Kutcher on Twitter....

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks angel! really nice to see that someone as talented as arunoday has so many who love and respect him...hope the numbers increase- so go out there arunoday, wer're standing right behind you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everybody - thank you. Truly. Now switch to decaf immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Angel really took that hard. Was it something we said?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Historical lines written by you ..keep them coming like this manner . do update informational blog more as your choice have globalization streams. you can also add Display as black flying men moving towards open air like your FB

    ReplyDelete