Friday, January 27, 2012

Perfect My Night

Oh this blessed winter, 
That lingers because we, 
Told him we loved him. 
The wind who knows my name, 
The sun that reflects my light, 
As it sinks into a crimson yonder. 
And I can see the evening star. 
Smile and say she's so glad, 
To find me here waiting for her, 
Joy in heart and pen in hand. 
Oh let the words dance, 
Let the ink learn the rumba, 
Let this Sufi soul unfurl, 
Like white canvas on a ship, 
On eternally swelling seas. 
I hear the chime of the temple bells, 
Hear voices raised in prayer, 
Voices made strong in song. 
I see lovers getting married, 
New lovers on their way, 
To one of those perfect nights. 
Where even perfect strangers, 
Get heady and carried away. 
And if there are any lovers fighting, 
They're kind enough to do it elsewhere. 
Make perfect my night. 
And just come on over. 
How can any night be perfect, 
Without my smile pressed, 
Into your bare naked shoulder? 
Oh make perfect my night, 
Let this music never end. 
Let me howl happy at the crescent moon, 
Let my every word be a poem, 
Let it smile at everyone and show them,
Life is worth more than your, 
Silly little dissatisfaction. 
Listen to the wind tonight, 
She knows your names. 
Let go your sorrow, 
Disentangle the joy from the shame. 
You were born to be happy.
Learn to remember. 
Live every waking day, 
Like the end of December. 
All that you've seen, all that you,
Thought had meant something more. 
Leave it all behind, 
Shine through the cracks in you. 
Because I know, one thing. 
I love you. 
I love you. 
I love you.

*********

2 comments:

  1. Wow Arunji :) How can someone not fall for this? Amazing! The world is how we look at it. We can actually make our world beautiful with sheer imagination and the power of our mind and heart... just like how kids do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a night like this one in a while, and I'd just like to say thank sufi soul thank you for your saucy moves tonight and if you were an elegant element, you must be perfect my night.

    ReplyDelete