Monday, January 9, 2012

You Are


My perfect night you are.
One prayer answered
So unexpectedly you are.
One divine moment,
One sublime pizza.
One cup of coffee,
And giggling fits you are.
Magic I forgot existed.
The easing of this heart,
She left so twisted.
Glory tossed in your hair,
My goddess' favorite child you are.
Paradise held in the cup
Of your depthless smile. You are
Blessed shelter on a horizon,
I thought too far.
Electric hands brushing mine like
Perfect chords on my dusty guitar.
Skin poured like honey,
Eyes holding scripture you are.
I don't have any questions,
To all of the answers you are.
I'm here to take you now,
Out among the empty streets.
You're here to take me down,
Into the still waters of empty sleep.
Winter come unexpectedly where
Only heat and humidity meet.
This quiet drive home you are.
The silent splendor on this balcony,
The full moon in my sky you are.
This music and this smile you are.
This cigarette and this poem you are.
An empty dance floor and,
The perfect song you are.
The dreams I had and didn't believe,
The ones they said were so naive.
I climbed every mountain I found,
Calling to you from afar.
I crossed continents for you,
Only to find you waiting,
With your door ajar.



5 comments:

  1. "I don't have any questions,
    To all of the answers you are."

    You are...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my moments, Pri. Glad you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant! i really like this one....positive and full of hope....phew!! :D

    ReplyDelete