Saturday, February 4, 2012

At the End of Winter


I waited for you to come for me,
All day.
But you had so many things to do,
You'll say.
It's hard to love someone who prefers,
To be away.
The sun set far too slowly.
Today.
The eagles leapt into the pinking sky,
To play.
One landed on my balustrade,
And looked at me with a curious directness.
I got it some food from the kitchen.
But I guess it didn't like the taste of my tandoori.
Who can say?
What eagles want and what they see,
When they sometimes perch so silent
And judgmental on my balcony.
I am haunted by birds.
I was hollowed by her.
I am the winter burning,
Down to the summer sulphur.
I am the river turning to dust,
Littered in the ways left of me.
How I ran through the hills,
On my way to the sea.
The bears who danced in my waters,
The eagles who soared above me.
I turned every rock I came upon,
Into a lover or a slave.
And though I crashed against them,
With all my elemental fury.
I turn slowly to vapor while they survive,
Laughing with what remains of me.

8 comments:

  1. scintillating but warm climatic approach towards end of winter .. pure iagination through nature loved it .
    Above written lines as important as pot belly

    ReplyDelete
  2. scintillating effort by adroit climatic approach through well written fruitful natural linguistic lines

    Love lines ,
    come to this summer
    frequently

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for similar comment while making post session expired , remove any 1 which u like less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. But you really need to write more coherent comments my friend. Often I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

      Delete
  4. I read your poetry,I liked the literary appeal,the wonderfully written verses all so original and brilliant.I thought I understood the lingering pathos too,the sadness writ out,made beautiful.
    But I hadn't quite,until recently.(due to developments in my life)

    All I want to say is that I have a new-found respect for your work.Feelings shouldn't be secondary,especially if they are true.Guess it's an age-old war between the dreamers and the realists,but that shouldn't be the case.I hope that artists such as yourself help the world believe a little more in their hearts.(pardon me,I don't mean to be cheesy.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uq_a4B8y-nY TRY to watch this russian song you will like it ...just give review how it is !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last para reminded me of a quote I read long back... hope it radiates some positive energy...

    The sea's only gifts are harsh blows, and occasionally the chance to feel strong. Now I don't know much about the sea, but I do know that that's the way it is here. And I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once. - Christopher McCandless

    ReplyDelete
  7. SPELL Broken!!!Thankyou...

    ReplyDelete