Thursday, March 29, 2012

Walk On


We've been walking for so long,
In directions we never really chose.
And when we get lonely, as we all do,
Let's not say a word, just pull each other close.
The hard times will come, sorrow shall linger.
Hope be too frightened to step into the light.
I want you to remember even in the harshest days,
All is forgiven by the night.
Be strong for me.  I'll be strong for you.
I'll write for you.  Just sing for me.
The songs woven in the fabric of you.
Like wisdom woven into the tree.
You've been walking for too long.
Rest here a while.  Let trouble walk on.
Burn down the rooms where the suffering began,
Remove all the bars that keep us apart.
Burn bright darling.  Burn slow.
They made a pyre when they made your heart.
Since you have to burn, burn in style.
Remember my voice saying you were home.
All these words I write for you.  Take them.
They'll make sure you're never alone.
And this road, it is long.
Sometimes you feel you just can't go on.
I'll be there.  In a flash.
Just for the love, we rise, and walk on.
Whatever life chooses to put us through,
You're not alone.  You have me.  I have you.
The rain we shall make our baptism.
The wind the orchestra we sing to.
Let the smiles on our faces be,
The only religion we cling to.
 There are battles waiting for us.
Scars we have yet to receive.
But every tear we shed, my friend,
Gives us the humility we need to believe.
God may have turned away weary.
But he left behind a friend.
So I won't be angry when I see him,
In the silent valleys, there, at journey's end.

6 comments:

  1. If I was in the Nobel committee (dont laugh), you would have been a laureate by now.. :)
    Something that I deeply appreciate in a majority of your works apart from the metaphors and the expression, is your presence in your verse. Whether alone, or addressing someone, there is such a profound portrayal of emotions. You are always there for them, helping them fight their demons even when facing your own. And even the saddest of your have a ray of hope shining through. For this and for the numerous other undying stars shining in your Sufi galaxy, I bow to thee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the warmth you give to me. And the joy with which you write to me. I need to write a poem just for you. Thank you darling. You make this man feel worth a little while.

      Delete
    2. You are very kind. Thank you :)
      Keep writing whatever you heart desires. Am grateful for all of them.
      God Bless You.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Rohu,in fact I think most of us reading this blog would.You are a literary genius sire(a humble one at that).In a country where having and expressing emotions is almost considered criminal,you stand out and give them the stage they deserve.It's quite something,I for one am relieved-we aren't doomed after all,not while we have poets such as yourself among us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. truly beautiful...this is a journey together... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arunji... I have often wondered about the emotions you have in you, the pain mixed with hope and some happy memories... the number of poems you have written may be hoping that it is being read by your special friend and some day you will be understood for the care, warmth and humility you have in you... The way you have written them with complete frankness straight from your heart, I always have some part of these words left in me long after I have read it... for me you have always been the ONE & ONLY amazing blogger/writer/poet whose writing I have followed so punctually... and to me you are the most down to earth and the humblest of human beings who will definitely achieve all you want in life... very soon... your journey ahead will be one filled with lots of love and all the good things your heart desires... you'll always be in my prayers... AND ME TOO FULLY AGREE WITH ROHU :)

    ReplyDelete