Saturday, March 10, 2012

All The Colors We See


The joys descend,
In clouds of color.
Held in frantic dances,
On streets stained
With the celebrations,
Of the weary,
The world regains,
It's happier rhythm.

Be the colors you see,
Held in mischievous palms,
Itching to fly free.
Smile back at the world.
All the colors in you,
Are the colors in me.
Oh bring your sweet love,
Back home to me.
Look at the people,
Dancing in the streets.
They don't dance to remember,
They don't dance to forget.
They dance because they can,
For one day, dance away,
From fear and regret.
I remember how you danced,
When you danced for me.
We never rise to love, we fall.
I kept folding my cards,
She kept raising the stakes,
Long after I bet it all.
But all the colors I see,
That I saw in her.
She had never seen.
I must let her be free,
To find the colors in her.
I return to the street,
Where the happy harass the few,
Staining their skin with joy,
Washing their cares away.
And they throw no colors on me,
Nor do they ask me to join.
But I'm standing on their street,
In my clean white shirt.
Happy at everything I see.
The way I'm meant to be.
And all the colors I see,
Are exactly where,
 They're supposed to be.


3 comments:

  1. I fail to recall a better poem on Holi... Dont think there is... The expression and profoundness are breathtaking... Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. itake my hat off to this, bow and better still, a great big hug! this is fabulous, colour and so much more...beautiful rangrez mia, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely... a different perspective to the festival of colours :)

    ReplyDelete