Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sweet Darling



There's something on your mind,
I can see it in your eyes,
In the way that you look at me.
Whatever's on your mind, sweet darling,
Undress that thought gently,
Let it shake itself free.
There's something in your chest,
Making you breathe all heavy,
Like the Moon breathes against the Sea.
Whatever you got in your chest, sweet darling,
I got that same thing beating,
Against all the cages They built me.
Let's spend a slow forever.
Within these four walls,
Under the light of a bashful Moon.
I'm on my way to your apartment.
There's a little traffic but I promise,
I'll be there very soon.
We'll banish all the bad things to the gloom,
We'll light four candles and fall into,
The dancing shadows in your little room.
There's something on my mind.
I wish I knew the words to hold it.
But they disappear when I look at you.
Standing there dappled in light,
Haloed in shadow, beautiful as the song,
I've never heard before except in you.
Hold me closer than forgiveness,
Lay me down in arms of liquid.
Drown me in your midnight dew.
Let our story have it's ending,
Let be born again anew.
Let it dance like new tongues of fire,
In the dwindling spaces between me and you.


2 comments:

  1. Either ignore a situation or if you find yourself deeper into it when u try to ignore it then make a move... there is nothing without solutions in this world... better to sort things out than burn in it without any benefit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Like the Moon breathes against the Sea"
    sweeps away the cancerian in me...
    Poetry I feel has a redeeming quality about it. But in your case, it liberates as well.
    Had I been qualified enough to judge, I'd place a feather in your poetic cap for this.
    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete