Thursday, March 15, 2012

If I Go


If I go, I'm going crazy.
Here's your ticket, take a seat,
Down in the front row.
If I go, I'm going home,
Where champa trees forgive,
And waters are too still to flow.
If I know, I know I love greatly,
Recklessly and stupidly,
Often to my own sorrow..
If I go, I'm going to Goa,
To live by the water and learn,
The songs only the sunsets know.
If I know, I know nothing,
More than I need, to live fast,
Yet be able to think slow.
If I stay, I'm staying forever,
You'll need an army,
To get me off the show.
If I write, I'll write much more.
This is the only cup that can hold,
The troubled waters I pour.
If I follow, I'd follow you.
Show me the battle, where
You want this warrior to go.
If you go, I'm going alone,
You're still unwilling to be free
There's no need to follow.
If I die, I'm dying happy.
I beat the buzzer,
I evened up the score.
I lost my light for a while,
Only to regain it once more.
I stand ready for my encore.

4 comments:

  1. "The songs only the sunsets know"
    The profoundness in its simplicity and the simpliciy in its profoundness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lines...

    "If I know, I know I love greatly,
    Recklessly and stupidly,
    Often to my own sorrow..."

    So true... when u love someone a lot it almost always ends up hurting u most of the time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. good lines written by scythian...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um...Lionheart my good fellow, did you just call me an egyptian horse rider or did you mean scythian in an another context? Or did you just decide to use the word not knowing what it meant?

    ReplyDelete