Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Written While Listening to "Tekno Love Song" by CocoRosie




I'm a jailbird to your music,
A bird pushed by your breeze.
I'm the water in your cup,
I'm the pilgirm on his knees.
I'm the laughter in your mouth,
The cause of your wider smiles.
You're the burning in my stomach,
The jury for all my trials.
I'm a wanderer in your desert,
A hero in permanent exile.
I'm the lover you won't claim,
Except every once in a while.
I'm a clown in your circus,
The opening act in your show.
You're a run away truck,
I'm the man who moved too slow.

I'm a jailbird to your music,
I'm a criminal in your prayer.
I watch you in your sleep.
Even when you're not there.

I'm the leaves in your autumn,
The wind beneath your wings.
I'm the gorilla in your experiment,
Watching inexplicable things.
I'm the sinner in your religion,
The heathen in your church.
I'm the bull in your china shop.
The gargoyle on your holy perch.
So it's too late now darling.
All of the magic is gone.
They packed up the circus,
And took the musicians along.
I lingered out of some habit.
I lingered to say goodbye.
I lingered by your bedside,
To hear that old beloved lie.

5 comments:

  1. brilliant...hmmmm.... if its "i am the --" then why is it too late? shouldnt it be 'i was the--' if thats what you're saying?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And it's "I am the" because even though it's too late and all that, the way she sees the speaker hasn't changed. To her she's still all these things. That's why it's too late. And she won't change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic....I expected U (Arun) to shed more anger,If a couple are not not honest with each other & donot understand each other's personal as well as professional goals than that realationship needs to be said Goodbye!!!!

    Thought of sharing 2 QUOTES which i like...
    LOVE: Does not consist of gazing at each other, But in looking together in the same direction....
    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

    Why do people lose in Battlefield??? bcoz your opponents play MIND GAMES, they know your WEAKNESS! Which they always USE against YOU…. What makes a MAN? His CHARACTER....Why do relationships break????? Bcoz her MAN has WEAKNESS!!!E.g.: Ego, Flirting, Gambling, Drinking, Smoking, Miser etc…Which yr opponents use according to their needs!

    NO MATTER, How successful a woman is in her personal or professional life!!!U MEN are her CROWN... with PRIDE she flaunts it…Bcoz she knows that her man is RESPECTED in the society & his opponents also know…. Who? They are DEALING with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you had been born a few decades earlier, I guess I would probably be reading your work as one of the most delightful masterpieces of Modernism. Spellbinding..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rohini. Darling reader. You're comments are always a source of light and joy in my days. Thank you for reading so faithfully. It does me proud to know you like my words. I'll keep em coming.

    And Aditi - you know it all already. But once again- thank you.

    ReplyDelete