Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Come Home To Love

I walk through streets,
With metal grills
Over open shutters.
Where hate sings,
And Love stutters.
Lonely I walk,
Back from your street,
Burdened with another
Promise to keep.
Lonely I walk,
Away from you.
Because you sit
Much too afraid to
Make it through.
Sit with your fear,
Sleep away the guilt
Bury every sin
In the perfection
Of your quilt.
You want to pretend
That you're perfect.
But the only one
You seem so to
Is me.  Can't you see?
But you want me
To walk away lonely.
Or you want me
To wait patiently,
While you figure
It all out.
One or the other
The other or the one.
Every smile is a knife,
Every word is a gun.
And we're bleeding baby,
Are we happy now?
I need to shed this anger,
But I don't know how.
Because I can see you,
Sitting alone, unsure
Confused, unable
To do right anymore.
I can hear it clearly,
When your voice breaks.
Forcing yourself to face
It all by yourself,
No matter what it takes.
Come, silly girl, come
To these tireless arms.
Come home to my Love.
Let these shoulders of mine
Shelter you from doubt,
From fear, from harm.
I try my best to understand
What you're going through.
But I don't know 
How it feels to be you.
This isn't the end,
It'll never be too late.
Be an Ocean of love,
Pulled by the Moon,
Of my boundless faith.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing.....I think Arun as if know u should walk away lonely bcoz situation demands that or say it Goddess wish!!!

    There is a saying “Real love is when you become selfless and you are more concerned about your mate's egos than your own. You're now a giver instead of a taker.”
    If!!!u r born fr her, than,Goddess will figure out a way...Be positive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come home to my Love.
    Let these shoulders of mine
    Shelter you from doubt,
    From fear, from harm.
    I try my best to understand
    What you're going through.
    But I don't know
    How it feels to be you........Wonderful!!with words like these any girl/women would love to come in your arms...
    Arun your girl/women is in the battle field facing WAR OF EMOTIONS and is definitely not confused!!!she is like "ARJUN"mahabharat's charcter,who is absolutely focussed to achieve her GOAL in LIFE!!!In mahabharat there were many kings who SELFLESSLY supported "PANDAVAS"bcoz they knew that they were right...But your girl/women knows that if you lend support to win this war,you will ask for partnership,which is unacceptable by her...

    But you want me
    To walk away lonely......Arun MOVEON....learn from each an every experience in life....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written... how could someone walk away after reading this... Arunji, if she is meant to be yours she will definitely come on her own... the more you call or persuade its like gripping lots of sand in your palm... the harder the grip sand will seep through... someday she should not be able to say I stayed back just because you forced... nothing hurts more... leave it free... move on... the best will come...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The imagery is almost perfect..
    And I hope you do something for copyright...

    ReplyDelete