Saturday, December 3, 2011

We Run From Sunsets


We run from sunsets,
Into the arms of the Moonlight.
Abandoned by the Sun,
Breathless in the night.
Quiet in our heady joys,
Deeper than we seem.
We run till we shine,
We get what we need.
We are the motes
In every sunbeam.
The dancing hearts,
In every seed.
We are the lovers,
Who brush across you,
Like whispers of poetry
Spoken wetly in your ear.
We who have left
No ladder unclimbed,
No star unreached for,
No sky unsigned.
We who love
Long after Love has gone.
Because Love left a whisper
Wrapped in the chords
Of our favorite songs.
I know I take it too far,
When I see you walk away.
I know I say good night,
But what I mean
Is why can't I stay?
This is a terrible love
We carry in our silence.
Cut by the edge of desire,
Victims of the heart's violence
We who are patient,
We who never let go.
We who remember
Our innocent Decembers.
We who smile,
Like the children we were,
And shall ever be.
Me who loves you,
You who turn away
From how much you
Love me.

3 comments:

  1. ooooh,this ones for the book...absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one!!!i remember a situation of movie"Notting Hill"
    "Dialog - William: I live in Notting Hill. You live in Beverly Hills. Everyone in the world knows who you are, my mother has trouble remembering my name.
    Anna: I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
    ============================================
    Arun u are in a similar situation,where damage is done even if u request or beg fr forgiveness... it cannot be fixed!!!!!In movies the end is positive but in real life it is a different ball game....
    There is a saying "PRAYERS GO UP BLESSINGS COME DOWN"We humans pray to god to fulfill our WISHES...E.g.ROLE MODEL FOR MILLIONS/SUCCESS,FAME,MONEY etc...So GOD sends his ANGELS in any human form to test us to see tht are we (humans)really worth it....bcoz the worshiper has really prayed from the bottom of his SOUL....what's the result battle LOST!!!! WHY??????
    GOD'S LAW never play with somebody's emotions bcoz he/she may not cry in front of U & never complain from tongue but GOD hears his/her SOUL CRYING.....In hindi there is a saying "Kisi ke dil se hai nahi lena chahia"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am smiling the truest smile I can afford. Thats all I can say. :) Bless you.

    ReplyDelete