Tuesday, December 13, 2011

For Mansi, Who Sometimes Looses Faith


I heard it in your voice today,
The echoes of that familiar ache.
When you're tired of walking,
Still unsure of which road to take.
Pushing all of your troubles,
Down the road like a stone.
Let my hands so full of calluses,
Keep you from pushing it all alone.

Rest here awhile my friend,
Beside this friend, under this tree.
Bring your many books,
Close your eyes, let your spirit free.

You've been walking so long,
With not a respite in sight.
One foot in front of the other,
Every step another battle to fight.
You're holding on to your courage,
Like a blind man to a stranger.
Every dream you have is filled,
With doubt and fear and danger.

Rest here a moment my darling.
Let this fool make you smile.
Rest here in comfort darling.
I'll watch over you awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment