Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hollow Comfort



I tried to ease her pain.
But everything I said
Only saddened her more.
He broke her heart.
What I could I say?
You are perfect as you are,
Sounds so silly,
When the one you love,
Can't seem to touch you
Without leaving a scar.
I told her to forget,
I told her it's all about you.
I told her all the cliches
As they were told to me too.
He broke her heart,
And she wondered why.
We sat in her empty house,
On the floor by the window,
She had sat and cried by,
Before I came.
What could I say?
It's your fault
For having a heart that big,
In the city of the heartless.
It's your fault for giving more,
Than you could live without. 
What could I say?
Yes I understand.
Because I'm going through it too. 
Yes I understand,
How it can leave you full
Of hate and hurt.
But don't see as he never did,
See what I see when I look at you,
I see everything that heals,
And loves without fear,
Loves what really is,
Instead of what it tries to appear.
See yourself for the miracle you are,
See yourself as I see you.
And you'll see it too.
Now. 
Smile.

6 comments:

  1. @
    ich liebe dich words wundba..keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those above listed words stucked inside my head as headgear. its hard to relive ..what to do !
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome blog for this month already done . my expectation high when it comes to no. of counts (for this month) .. please come up with more frequency this month ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. "When the one you love,
    Can't seem to touch you
    Without leaving a scar."
    What an implosion...

    ReplyDelete