Sunday, September 18, 2011

Inspired by The National's "About Today"



Today you couldn't stay.
Even after a perfect night,
I had to watch you,
Walk away.
What could I say?
What words did I know,
That could keep you,
Beside me today?
Tonight I'll have to just,
Close my eyes.
And hope that I sleep,
Like the dead.
You called me today,
And told me about your day.
The things that made you cry,
The things that made you crazy.
You called me.
How close am I to losing you?
How close am I to losing me?
How close will I have to get
To the bottom of it all?
How long can I pretend,
That I'm okay?
Can I ask you to stay?
Just for a while?
Can we not be,
These shadows we've become.
Let's be free,
To give and to take.
Don't walk away.
Say that you'll stay.
Even though it'll hurt,
And there'll be some pain,
And there ain't no easy way,
Say that you'll stay.
Because you want to.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's one state of mind there's no escaping from...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is drool fusion (technology session)like impact causes inside my mind as well inside your all blogging item arena platform ..fusion always overwhelmed in between blogging session .so , keep them coming..

    ReplyDelete