Sunday, March 13, 2011

Towards You

You've stolen my loneliness
From me.
You've taken my mystery.
Left me twisting beside
A road going only your way.
You took my strength,
You stripped down my faith,
And made it wander
Through a cold desert.
Every quiet moment
I might have had,
Now walks by without
Acknowledging me.
Even Mary is angry
Taking me no higher.
A pariah from my own
Dreams. You made
my honest soul a liar.
I'm a stranger in
Every mirror except
The ones you hide
Behind your insolent,
Impenetrable hair.
My every step betrays me
My every breath flows
Your way. Everyday
I sit like a hobbled gypsy,
Musician with a broken lute,
An old old acrobat,
Standing stooped and sad
Out beyond the carnival,
Not even dust in the
Patched, bedraggled hat,
Sitting sodden on the
Ground before him.
Before you I was.
Now I am nothing
But a page for the poetry
Tearing through
Heading inexorably
Towards you.

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! incredible brain you have and a sky high EQ...just WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete