Friday, March 4, 2011

Somewhere Sings a Swan

I can't feel a thing.
I look at the ticket stub
In my unshaken hand.
My movie starts in five.
A movie I wasn't dying to see.
On this night
The one my grandfather died.
I heard the news
From a man I don't know
and know I won't like.
I tried calling my father.
But his phone wasn't his
Friend, on this night.
The one my grandfather died.
When I get through
All my father manages to say,
Over all the tears
He doesn't want me to hear.
Is that "He's no more."
In life he was "no less".
Now he's just the other way
Forever.
Goodnight Old Prince.
Forget this world now.
They never remembered you,
As much as you'd liked.
Forget this world finally.
They can't hurt you
Any more.
Goodnight Old Man,
Who never kissed me enough.
I'll try to remember you
Fondly.
But you created my father.
You deserve Heaven just for that.
My father weeps tonight.
While I write
Another mediocre poem.
I'm going to listen to some music
Now.
Because
I still can't feel a thing.
What's wrong with me?

5 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather. No one can fill a grandparent's shoes, but time heals all. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When grief is too high it makes us numb... u feel you are alright when u really aren't... was the same for me when my friend passed away... it took me a painful dream to realize the loss and drop a tear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes time after a loss, to try and realize what you lost, to try and grasp how your going to move on. Sometimes you just need to scream at the sky. Apathy is what your hiding behind right now. Come out, your stronger than that... keep posting.. it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss bro

    ReplyDelete