Sunday, March 20, 2011

Straight Trippin

I get so high
With the windows
Wide open,
and my arms
Holding a heart far
far from broken.
Sing along
if you know
this song.
And live life
like a lover,
Like a mother
Holding her
Daughter laughing
Up above her.
I get so high
Windows wide open.
I write poetry
Across the dance floor
You call your skin
With no pen.
I love you
More tonight
Than I did
This morning.
I thought of you
When I should
Hang my head
Low in mourning.
I run faster
When I run from you.
So why do I
Return quicker,
Than lightning
Leaping back
Into the sky.
Despite the huff
And puff
And treating you
Much too gruff,
I want to wipe
Every tear you shed
From your
Innermost eye,
That you never
Stain, by looking
At this world.
You're my girl,
And I'm your guy.
You're the Comet
Across my sky.
I'm shifting dust
In the Summer,
You're my rain.
There are no
More dreams left
In my slumber.
My name
waits wishing
To come across
Your lips, Again.
I'm your Summer
You're my rain.
Love me darling.
Smile, breathe,
Do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment