Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just a Little Song for a Girl Sitting Far Away

I
didn't mean it in a bad way,
Being a little sad is where,
The poetry comes from.
Floats down like feathers of the seraph,
And the unstill choir they sing
as though mourning
the death of the beings
We never tried to be.
But I rock along
Steady in the evening breeze
With a happy sky
Beside a forever sea.
And the breeze blew by me
And blew me a kiss,
For the next time,
Her sad little song
Frees me.
You are my dervish darling
raising me up in clouds of many dusts.
Talk to me darling of nights like these
When you're not near.
Talk to me darling of these hollow sheets,
And all the laughter I cannot hear.
Talk to me darling in your dreams,
In the mumbles you make when asleep,
In the little bit of wet you leave
beside your fairy dust cheek.
I'd tilt the world if I could,
And tumble you into my lap.
I've said everything but "I love you",
Everything I've said except for that.

3 comments:

  1. you are gifted...truly madly deeply :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good One :)

    Corrections though... "Talk me to darling of nights like these"... isn't it "Talk to me"... and same in "Talk me to darling in your dreams"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is your best poems as a writer, definitly one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete