Sunday, April 22, 2012

Free Form Rhyme, With No Mind



I fight for the right,
To hold my share of the light.
And tonight darling,
I fight for the right to ride,
Like Lancelot the knight,
Towards your morning bright.
I would betray my king,
I would surrender my sin.
I would burn the world without,
Just to be blessed within,
I fight to the most secret heart of you.
Where memories of jasmine swirl,
Over cool, still pools. 
Where you discard your masks,
And let your wings unfurl.
Tonight I fight for the will,
To brush aside every warning.
Take every leap of faith.
There are bonfires burning,
Across this city of ours.
Full of cindered dreams,
And the ashes of so much love,
Smudged into the circles,
Under every tearless eye.
But I love you baby,
Like poets love the night-time sky.
Where the words dance,
In the shadows left behind,
By the stars that can no longer shine.

Like Sufi's whirling,
Like this warrior's heart of mine.
Let the tempests roar,
Let them try to shackle my beast.
I'll break all of the chains,
I'd fall at your feet.
I'd howl at the Moon,
Like your pagan priest.
Like convenient scavengers they love
The weary and the meek.
Content to huddle beside,
Whatever was left behind.
They lie exhausted in their beds,
Too afraid to sleep.
While we thrash up in the sky,
And crash into the deep.

5 comments:

  1. Free form rhyme?? With no mind???????
    # FAINT #

    I'd repeat every line,
    Until water turns into wine.

    This was HEAT warhead to me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll break all of the chains,
    I'd fall at your feet
    And beg you to post everyday :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it ironic how a particular thing that ignites us and our passions, also has the power of turning us into ash.How every divine feeling,each great person in our live,every beautiful piece of poetry,has a dual nature.It could set us free or imprison us entirely.That said,it could be the bravest thing to fall in love,for then we are truly offering ourselves up for gamble.

    I like how you write,it's honest and poignant.I also like how each one,even your saddest ones,have a sliver of hope.

    Importantly,this particular poem is special because it sings about(among other things) the core,the purpose,of every life.And what is life if we don't have something worth fighting for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humble request

    Please don't deprive us of the reflections of your beautiful mind for such long periods of time.

    Sincerely
    R

    ReplyDelete