Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Drowning Slowly


Long days, lost in the moments,
Unforgiven, by the harshness of the day.
Longer nights, full of the memories,
When happiness was happy and decided to stay.
Long days, waiting underwater,
In the storming waters off a shipwrecked bay.
They think they can hold you.
In their arms, even as they ruin it all.
Drowning slowly, in this city,
Refusing to beg for help or call.
No one's coming.  And you know this.
No one cares.  And it's true.
But you were made in water,
In your mother's womb.
And you first saw her light there,
Shining in the gloom.
We fear no death by water.
Only by the loneliness of an empty room.
We live to be loved by the Summer,
To love a lifetime through a long monsoon.
A fellow mystic, nestled on my pillow.
Suffering the Sun, to be bathed by the Moon.
I could never hold you.
Against the worries that will be here very soon.
But I have all these words,
And your every breath holds a merry tune.
We'll weave a song together.
Against the coming of the cold.
Oh darling the smell of you,
Makes my tired wings unfold.
How I've missed your warmth.
Tell me you've missed mine too.
Tell me you've missed my warmth.
Pressed against the imperfections of you.

2 comments:

  1. I've hardly ever seen love being dressed in such a varied range of attires by the same pen, and yet always vivdly recognizable and unchanging in its character.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! I just loved these lines...

    But you were made in water,
    In your mother's womb.
    And you first saw her light there,
    Shining in the gloom.
    We fear no death by water.

    Thank you for this wonderful read Arunji... Hats off to you...

    ReplyDelete