Monday, April 16, 2012

Alexi Murdoch Redux



So today, I wrote a song for you.
Because today, just felt all wrong.
And I know, you're trying to see it through,
And you feel, you're in it all alone.

I can try, to put it right,
But I just pull it all apart.
I can't get through another night,
All alone, with my foolish heart.

Where do I even start?

There are times, I can hold it in,
Other days, I just can't play the game.
Every day I write a song to sing,
But they all seem to sound the same.

I know it's tough, being on your own,
When your phone hasn't rung all day.
A broken kings sits upon his throne,
Nothing won, nothing left to say.

I wish you could stay.

And I'm trying, to work it out.
Every time, you reach out and rub my arm.
And I know, I shouldn't kiss your mouth,
But I think, what could be the harm?

I know you think, I don't understand,
All the things, that you're going through.
And I don't, but I still take your hand,
And say, baby, it's just me and you.

I going through it too.

Maybe I should stop, wishing on a star,
Maybe then, I'll find the peace I knew.
Maybe what I need, is not so far.
It's all in me, whatever's best in you.

And though this trying, can get me down,
And I feel, I've got it completely wrong.
But when you smile, I find it hard to frown.
Then you sing, then you sing my song.

Then you sing my song.


2 comments: