Tuesday, November 15, 2011

On This Quiet Night


Tonight,
Let me sing for joy.
Let me write the songs
That don't take me away.
That anchor me like
Happy ships
Resting in a perfect blue bay.
Tonight,
Let no other thoughts but these
Come surround me .
And let the sound of this music
And this forgiving wind,
Play with these easy breaths.
Tonight the stars seem not
Afraid, of this frightening city,
And it's unflinching stare.
There is magic in the wind,
And secrets captured in smiles.
True words go by unspoken,
But are heard all the same.
Let your practiced caution go child,
Be fiercely, softly, untamed.
Take wing like a prayer,
Be the wind beneath yourself.
Be your own soaring flight,
The end of your long pilgrimage.
Write your own songs,
And sing them on the balcony.
Let the Goddess come and say,
Sing that again for me.

3 comments:

  1. I am envious of the state of mind you must be in when you wrote these words... beautiful simply...

    ReplyDelete
  2. U really know how to play with words....Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete