Saturday, May 14, 2011

Every Song

Without you,
There would be no light
On the days the Dark
Comes calling my name.
Without you,
I would have little poetry,
A stranger to that healing music
You hold so lightly in your chest.
Without you,
The stars might not converse,
The Sun would grow cold and aloof,
The Moon would always be too tired
To join me for a smoke upon my roof.
There would be no traffic for me
No reason to rush through these streets.
I would stand at the edges of this city,
A mirror to all the loneliness I see.
Without you,
I would be lost in this madding crowd.
All living on an unclean shore,
All looking over a lifeless sea.


You are every song to me,
Every line that's ever been written.
You are the reason for ever tear,
You're every heart that's ever been smitten.
I dream the happiest dreams
When you're not here under my sheets.
For then I dream of you.
When you're wrapped rightly around me
I dream of nothing at all.
Because I don't need to.

1 comment: