Friday, January 14, 2011

Writing Poetry to Disco Music is Good for the Soul

I got that Monster Love
Vibrating through the bones
of my home. Coming closer
to the dream of you, dancing,
getting more naked by the turn.
Fling away your clothes
and your darkness, baby.
Light my fire, make me burn.
Spin round and round
Like a trip hop pixie under
My disco ball fan.
Bombay nights are starless
because all of them dance
in the flashes of your smile.
I got that Monster Love
growling for your touch.
Scared the shit out of Dracula.
Had King Kong singing a song.
While I was waiting for you
to hear the beat in my soul
and come dance along.
You are the reason
God made fireflies.
Sweet sugar dream,
Technicolor surprise.
Shimmy shake shimmy shake
Let all our problems wait
outside the door tonight.
I'm alcoholic for your skin,
Girl. Come here. Got
Monstrous thirst to slake.
Drink this wine then
Redecorate my world.
Take me on a magic carpet ride
through the pyrotechnics
of your soul.
Shake me loose from this
Rhythm less little world.
Shake me through the night
I'm your man, you're my girl.
Only atheists don't dance.
Take my hand, let's go
Walk out into Velvet,
This night was made for disco.

No comments:

Post a Comment