Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Apology Arpeggio

It's getting dark,
Too dark to see.
I'm adrift and alone
A million miles from shore.
Open up your locks,
And set me free.
Dear darling, I promise I’ll
Be better than I was before.
I want you to know
It wasn’t me.
It was the man in the mirror
I smashed into the floor.
All the shit I put you through.
All the lies I said with a smile.
And here I stand knocking.
Saying it's you I adore.
Am I a monster hoping
Just to get a peek?
Of the sight of you standing there
Unclothed, afraid, unsure.
You told me once
Love's not a game.
So why'd you always let me win,
No matter what the score?
The wind storms in
Falling harshly on me.
It punished me some, but I
Keep begging for some more.
My love went on and on.
Until she locked herself in a room.
I can hear her crying through
The holes I made in the door.
All through that night
I sit outside in the dark,
Playing an apology arpeggio,
Hoping to be let in for the encore.

3 comments:

  1. encore! encore! encore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you frighten me….but its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... reminds me of the scene in Jhankaar Beats where Rahul Bose is outside Rinki's door :)

    Good One! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete