Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Beautiful Love

Run into the darkness,
Run into the cold,
Into the arms of my
Beautiful love.
It tries to reach
you over every ocean
you run across.
Beautiful, for it comes
from the core of
my ugly heart.
It comes from all
that remains of Heaven
in the dust you
call my name.
I raise no shining cities,
Nor temples cast in gold.
I raise cracked palms
to the butter of your
weathered and weary soul.
I sing no ballads
Nor pen great poems.
I stutter and gasp,
and hum love songs,
badly, but you smile
all the same.
My Beautiful Love.
Come to me across
the boundaries of my
idiosyncratic idiocy,
Through the walls
I regret I built.
Come to me.
Here is where
I wait.
On a one tree hill,
underneath a sky
with no moon at all.
Come to me like
winter rain
in sheets of cold.
I deserve twice the pain
I etch across your face.
I'll bear thrice
the weight I press
upon your shoulders.
Run to your ocean.
Run to your sea.
Run across the city baby.
Towards whatever
version of me
you've chosen to see.
I'm waiting on the shores
of my beautiful love.
Where the ocean
soaks you in sorrow
every time you swim.
But we care not a bit,
not for the sorrow
nor the pain.
We care only that
in some other life
we were together. Now
Finding our way
towards each other
again.

2 comments:

  1. gasping for breath, composing myself...this is toooooooooo beautiful...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Arunji... you will soon have a new visitor to your blog... my sister... I have told her so much about the way you write, right when you were posting in Big Adda, that she has asked me to send her the link to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete