Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stream of Consciousness Writing

I've got all the love in the world, nestled warm and safe in the cool cradle of my being tonight. I've managed to befriend my inner mystic, who loves only the wandering Road. I've managed to invite him into the stillness for a pot of tea. I've managed to smile through an entire night without slipping once. For a man who went through a year where his eyes never knew whether his lips were trying to smile or not, I've managed to finally arrive at the happy centre of my being. I've come home only to discover that home was a little square box of hope, holding within in nothing but the purity of me, nestled safely on a cushion of faith, that lay lodged just beneath my heart. It's the part of you that aches when happiness pushes past our skepticism and atheism. So unused to happiness I've become. At war with my quiet moments, exiled from my own peace of mind. Tonight I felt myself take another step home, another step closer to my Goddess.

I never want to let you go, even though sometimes life get's me by the ankle and I get caught in the undertow. Sucked deeper into the filth, where I can't breathe and I stand, bewildered and drowning, staring up at the receding of the Light. Sometimes life shows you just how quickly you can come up into the Sunshine.

Be still young heart, there are many oceans of blood yet to pump through your arms. There are oceans left to cross and mountains waiting for my feet. There are rivers where the waters were poured only for me, and even the fish circle in wait for the party we're going to have when I splash in.

There's a girl I know. With hair like the winding of a secret staircase, and a smile like a page from scripture. With eyes that have stared lovingly at the Goddess that resides in the Moon, and matched the Dragon stare for stare. Amber beacons that come alive when they see me, like twin lighthouses guiding me into the harbour of her arms.

There's a man I know, that I love for all the cracks in his soul, wrinkles around his smiles, and sadness in his shoulders. Tonight I will meet him in the mirror before I rest my head to sleep. Tonight I pray to my Goddess for my soul to keep, and lay me down in blankets of peace. Tonight I swim in the stillest of waters, with my soul as tall as the waters are deep.

1 comment:

  1. read this first thing this morning,its throbbing with energy which is very centered and calm :)...lovely way to start the day...thank you :)

    ReplyDelete