Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shall Remain Untitled

Lonely rivers flow
to the sea, to the sea.
To the open arms of the sea.
But I shall wander lost
forever.
There are no more oceans,
Waiting for rivers like me.
There is only the dust
that hides in beams of light.
There is just the ache
that comes from a heart
tired of changing it's beat.
There is the thought of you.
Always and ever,
The thought of you lying
alone on a hospital bed,
forgotten.
Waiting for some final pain
to pull you through.
Goodbye Old Man.
You could have loved me
a little.
I should have made you laugh
a little more.
I would have done anything
To make you love me
The way I remember you
Loving me before.
Lonely rivers flow
Silently, silently,
Through the broken heart
That once lived inside of me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I don't know if comparison does justice, but sometimes it is the first thought. And here your poem reminded me of Neruda... sad yet picturesque.
    Ruchika

    ReplyDelete