Monday, November 29, 2010

Little Things of the Flesh

Was there music
that night
on the
balcony floor?
I barely remember.

~~~~X~~~~



Heaven lies
not in the sky
nor in the books.
You can't approach it
using something
as simple as your mind.
Sometimes I laugh
at the idea of religion.
Heaven was never
hard to find.
It's there,
when you look at me
like a problem
you need to fix.
It's there,
when you cup my face.
And refuse to
move further away,
than two lips.

~~~~X~~~~



I can't sleep.
Because you're not
here, in my bed,
keeping me awake.

~~~~X~~~~



I used to be calm.
Still water
reflecting
a crescent moon.
The Goddess flung
you in me.
Like a rock.

~~~~X~~~~



Where you watching
me pray?
My trembling hands
my wavering lips?
My eyes that kept
looking back at you?

~~~~X~~~~



Yesterday
I dreamt of you.
Again.
Today I need
to dream a little
dream
of me.
Please.
Let me.

~~~~X~~~~



When you're here
I'm barely breathing.
When you're gone,
I can't breathe at all.
There's nothing blessed
about this suffocation.
And the difference
between them.

~~~~X~~~~



Even my words
Whom I love
most of all.
Love you more
than they
ever loved me.

~~~~X~~~~



My hands used
to be gentle.
They used to be polite.
They used to dance
on canvas.
They loved to sit and write.
Now they itch
and twitch.
For a body like
scented loam.
Now they wait for
you to return.
Like for a parent
coming home.

1 comment: