Thursday, November 25, 2010

Listening to "Love the Way You Lie" While Trying to Write

"On the first page, of our story
the future seemed so bright.
Then this thing turned out, so evil,
I don't know why I'm still surprised.
Even angels have their wicked schemes,
and you take that to new extremes.
But you'll always be my hero,
even though you've lost your mind"

(From "Love The Way You Lie II" by Rihanna Feat. Eminem)

I'm lost without you, baby, come back to me.
Don't slam that door, don't you dare walk away from me.
I'll only chase you down, turn you around roughly. Only
So you can shove me against the neighbor's door
and scream at me that I'm never sorry.
I don't deserve you, I was lonely, I'm an ass, stop crying.
Can't you see that I'm dying but that I can't speak
Without lying through my damn teeth. Please at least,
Tell me it's okay that I cheated. Wait, hold up, tie me
to this chair so I don't hurt when you go off on me.
It's you that I love, she meant nothing, really.
I only slept with her to keep you from taking
me, for granted like you've been doing lately.
It's okay to feel something, baby, go ahead hate me.
Just stop running away all the time, I'm all you need baby.
Who else will love you when you're hung over, fed-up, lazy?
Overweight overbearing over the moon crazy?
You tell me I'm going bald, getting fat, so damn ugly.
Then when I turn away you dash into my back, hug me.
And say that "You're the only one who's ever loved me".
Then you take me to my room, push me down, make me
Forget everything I hate in this whole world, except the
way that I treated you these last few days. I pull you close
to me. You touch me like a nurse, wiping me down softly.
You whisper, "I love you", and I tell you that I'm so damn sorry.
Maybe you like to watch me go berserk, break shit and burn.
You like knowing how easy you can melt me down, make me churn.
You like how it feels to stick a knife in, smile and twist and turn.
How can we treat each other so good, and have the best time,
Then drag each other down to hell, before the next clock chime?
I make loving me seem like a crime don't I?
And you're guilty everytime. I say I'm sorry but I'm lying.
I don't love to watch you cry, but I get a sick kind of high
Watching you smile through your tears as you believe every lie.

2 comments:

  1. did you write the bigger poem?...if you did you are grrrrrrreat, if not,ummm.... youre still great for the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shiver me timbers!
    Unadulterated awesome.

    ReplyDelete