Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blame Me

I'm sorry I hurt you.
Again.
You should have called
when you came.
But you didn't
and I'm to blame.
Again.
You had an idea for
a perfect night
but it's ruined now and
I'm the cause.
I was supposed to be
where you wanted me to be.
Instead I stayed
where I was.
This is the night
you see me
clearly,
not half the man
you need. Not nearly.
Mind stuffed full
of me, no space left
for you.
You wanted a castle
upon a hill, I'm a
prison cell without
a view.

Tell me once, more
you love me.
Tell me twice, more
it's true.
Tell me now, that
you still want me.
Because all I ever
wanted is wrapped up
nicely, in you.
I don't want to write
tonight I want to
widen your smile.
You're crying again,
and I do this to you
every once in a while.
Just pick up
the damn phone
darling. I don't know
what I did wrong.
Please. Give me a clue.
You're screaming
"I hate you." But I
know that's untrue.
Blame me for whatever
you want, just let
me talk to you.
Blame me for whatever
you want. Unlock the door
Please.
Let me through.

3 comments:

  1. the gentle giant doing what he does best...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my words would not be sufficient enough to let you know how much i liked this one. and how i felt this one….

    ReplyDelete