Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Excuses

I don't want to think of you
But I hear you thinking of me
So I go back on my promise
and cage my desire to be free.
I wandered from the path
When I heard your voice calling
Only to find you waiting,
as lost as you wanted me to be

So here we are baby, you and I.
Slow dancing on this dirty road.
You want flowers, you want forever
You want our hips to never be apart,
But I'm sitting here singing my blues
Counting the hours until I break your heart

Every step you take within me,
Is not your Love's victory stride
It's a cold and lonely shuffle
This is how I murder your pride.
I see you waiting for me baby
With your poems and your song
I told you that I'm coming
But I'll be moving right along.

It breaks my heart to leave you,
But it's a break that would heal
I fear what your touch would do
To the clay I pretend is steel.
All I have are excuses,
Pathetic yes, and true
Yet every one I utter,
Pushes me further into you.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like in all your posts you expect to be the one thats breaking hearts. All the women, or maybe its just the one, is always this innocent little girl thats oh so vulenerable. Theres never any anger from her no matter how many excuses you make, she never senses your gradual rejection of her, she just quietly accepts everything. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps that's how it's been for me so far. Perhaps she was just as you describe her, this innocent vulnerable girl. Perhaps it's just how I need to see myself, the alternative being too real for me to put out there. Perhaps it's all fiction and I have a lot of living to do. But great insight Somanywords? Very very nice.

    ReplyDelete