Monday, June 22, 2009

Some kind of introduction

Greetings, Denizens of the Ether. I come to you for guidance, I come to your for succor, to entertain, and to exasperate, but mostly I come to inveigle. There are many reasons why you should read what I write, but those reasons are yours to discover as you travel the rail yard of my thoughts.
Although I am an actor by profession I consider the written word my true Goddess. And I have been sorely neglecting her. As a result I have been stripped of my vestments and cast back into the penitent crowd. This blog is my way of becoming Her High Priest, the Pope of Words, the Imam of....Oh for pity's sake, you get the idea.
So by way of introduction I thought I'd list a few random pieces of me -

* There are times when I love myself with a fierceness that takes my breath away. I try to balance that with an existential crisis/ utter self-loathing every month or so.
* I'm proud of the fact that after many years of waiting in the wings and a near perfect stream of rejections and failures, I still love being an actor. I still love the craft, I still believe in the dream.
* My name means the "the First Ray of Sunlight".
* Whenever I see a puppy, in the flesh or on a photograph, I start sounding like a gibbering, cooing imbecile. They get me. "Look at that wittle wittle face, Awwww who's a buubuu, a coochie coochie coo" et all.
* I love women. But I can never seem to run into the good ones. And if I do, I end up chasing them away sooner than later.
* I believe in luck, I believe in the gods. But more than anything else - I believe in the Will.
* I get insecure about the silliest things at the oddest moments.
* I am vehemently opposed to the "Size Zero" phenomenon.
* I'm convinced that due to some major traffic congestion on the Highway of Souls, I arrived on this planet a few centuries later than I was supposed to. Where the hell is my axe and my armor?
* I was born under a wandering star. I checked, in between stumbling hither and thither.
* I like being alone. But prefer being alone in a crowd.
* I like R&B, Jazz, the Blues, even some Rock. But I absolutely LOVE Hip-Hop.
* I love to write, and yet I'm filled with this deep, bone-quivering fear everytime I stare at an empty page.
* I wish I could have gone fishing with Hemingway, smoked a cigarette with Humprhey Bogart, shared a not-so-quiet conversation with Marlon Brando, and made Rita Hayworth smile even once.
* I pretend and play-act too often. I usually feel like a fraud, or a con-man, or am highly amused that someone is buying my particularly fragrant bullshit.
* I hate the Internet. I love the Internet. I hate the Internet.
* I fear making good friends because life always seems to put oceans and years between us.
* I'm terrified of the prospect of meeting a woman I'll want to spend the rest of my life with. Yet, I'm always checking the faces in the crowd, just in case she walks by and I miss her.
* I love reading fantasy novels. They keep the child in me alive and wide-eyed.
* I need to sketch more, write more, get out more, laugh more, and above all, think less.
* I like being the little spoon. As odd as that might be for a girl, considering I stand 6'4''
* Love making top 5 lists for everything. Can never seem to keep them static for too long though. Maybe that's a good thing. Drives me nuts though.

So here it begins. The next few posts shall be imports from my other, soon to be discarded blog, but they're worth the read so I thought I'd share them.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you were an old soul......and how did you come to be 6'4"...you must be a tower over there in India. You are absolutely interesting and your blogs are incredible to read. As you said the written word is your Goddess.....though I'm sure your acting is going to rock the screen. all of your pieces are quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete